The school holidays have begun and this is perhaps one of the most challenging holidays to keep the children entertained due to the weather. It may be a bit too cold for a swim but there are always plenty of other activities that we can do to entertain our children. Here is a review of the school holiday programmes that are on offer, together with other specials and ideas provided by Waiheke business.
Kids go free on the Fullers ferry to and from Waiheke Island
- Valid during the school holiday period: Saturday 30 June – Sunday 15 July inclusive
- 2 children go free with every full fare paying adult
- Full adult return ferry fare is $35.00
- Valid for travel from Saturday 30 June to Sunday 15 July inclusive
- Offer valid for all children aged 5 – 15 years old inclusive
- Not valid with Saver Seat or any other discounted fares or special offers
Red Shed Kidz Art Programme @ Palm Beach
- Mon 2nd July to Fri 14th July, 10am-12pm
- Cost per class: $20 per class, $30 for two kids, $40 for three kids
- Cost per week: $85 for 1 child, $160 for 2 kids, $220 for 3 kids
- Bookings essential: ph 372 9367 or email email@example.com
|Mon 2nd:||Shoot the World|
|Tue 3rd:||Magical Mandalas|
|Wed 4th:||Magical Miro|
|Thu 5th:||Sharks and Mermaids|
|Fri 6th:||Weave your own Dreamcatcher|
|Mon 9th:||Put Yourself in the Picture|
|Tue 10th:||Jingle Jangles|
|Wed 11th:||Pirates Ahoy|
|Thu 12th:||Dynamic Dali|
|Fri 13th:||Fun with Clay|
Rec Centre Traditional Holiday Programme
- Mon 2nd July to Fri 13th July
- Cost: $30 per day
- Registrations close Friday 29th June
- For full programme, see your local paper
|Mon 2nd:||Wheels Day|
|Tue 3rd:||Movie Day|
|Wed 4th:||Fishing Day|
|Thu 5th:||Treasure Hunt Day|
|Fri 6th:||Mid Winter Christmas Party Day|
|Mon 9th:||Skate Park Day|
|Tue 10th:||Basketball Day|
|Wed 11th:||Master Chef Day|
|Thu 12th:||Treasure Hunt Day|
|Fri 13th:||Freaky Friday the 13th Party Day|
A Musical Education Venue: Whittaker’s Musical Experience on Waiheke
The Museum is a wonderful, educational venue for all school classes – right through from primary to college and university. A visit here can encourage students to begin learning an instrument. During School Holidays free “Live Shows” are performed for all students.
Our live show of 90 minutes combines 30 years of teaching, broadcasting and recording experience; playing and giving a brief history and their use. You will be entertained with music all will enjoy from the youngest to the oldest, and afterwards you have an opportunity to play an instrument of your choice, or pedal a pianola. It’s fun as well as exciting, and we call it: Whittaker’s Musical Experience.
View their website for a schedule of films to be shown over the holiday period.
Are you a business that has special offers for children / families during the school holidays? please let us know.
What do you have planned?